Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update on Photo Digitizing

I decided to post an update to my previous blog entry about affordable photo and slide digitizing. A blog reader left me a comment with some more information on various companies that handle scanning and digitizing of photos, negatives, and slides.

For the purposes of my first post, I only listed one company, ScanCafe. This was simply because this was a company that I had personally used for digitizing services. I was happy with their service, their prices and their process, so I blogged about it. It wasn't meant to be a blogging advertisement for ScanCafe, nor a negative review of any other digitizing services.

As mentioned, one of my readers (another digitizing company, from what I can tell) posted in his comment a link that lists a comparison sheet of all of the available companies that offer these services on the Internet. The sheet actually does seem very accurate, so it would be a good tool to use if you are trying to compare the various services and pricing offered by several companies.

I want to include that link here so you can check it out yourself. If you use any of the companies for digitizing services besides ScanCafe, you can send me an email or leave a comment on my blog about your experience and your opinion on the company.

Signing off for now,

Jessica

No comments: